Loading… Atletico Madrid are considering a shock move for Barcelona star Luis Suarez, if the Uruguayan international leaves the Camp Nou this summer. Suarez has been linked with an exit from the Camp Nou, as part of a wider reshuffle of the squad by new manager Ronald Koeman ahead of the 2020-21 season. Serie A giants Juventus are rumoured to be monitoring the situation with Suarez’s future in Catalonia, however as per the front page of Saturday’s edition of Diario AS, Atletico are keen. Both clubs will keep an eye on the evolving changes between Suarez and Koeman, with club captain Lionel Messi aslo reportedly unhappy at Suarez’s potential departure as part of his own exit talks.Advertisement Luis Suarez says Barcelona’s board must match the ambitions of strike partner Lionel Messi. Read Also: Juventus dream Messi, Ronaldo combination The former Liverpool man is into the final year of his contract with the Catalans, and at 33 years of age, he might not sign another one at the club. Despite approaching the end of his career, Suarez has established a reputation as one of Barcelona’s greatest ever strikers, with 198 goals in 283 games since his arrival in 2014. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content7 African Actresses With Thick Skin Who Got Famous In HollywoodWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do ThisYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?How Good The CGI Effects In Those Movies Were!The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Of The Most Incredible Antarctica Conspiracy TheoriesBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better7 Worst Things To Do To Your Phone
Wenger’s only purchases so far have been the free transfers of Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini, the latter making his second Arsenal debut when coming on as a substitute for Jack Wilshere, who was forced off with a stomach problem which is not expected to rule him out of England’s World Cup qualifiers. However, after making unsuccessful bids for Gonzalo Higuain, Luis Suarez and Yohan Cabaye earlier this summer, Wenger believes the 100million euro (£86.3million) switch of Gareth Bale to Madrid could now set in place a “domino” effect which would allow the likes of 24-year-old German international Ozil – who is also on Paris St-Germain’s wanted list – to come onto the market at the 11th hour. However, Wenger moved to allay any fears. ”He has a stomach bug, but nothing that will stop him from playing for England,” said the Arsenal boss, who had to put full-back Bacary Sagna on the bench because of a similar issue. Arsenal have responded well since they lost the opening Premier League game at home to Aston Villa, winning at Fulham and also securing a place in the group stages of the Champions League by beating Fenerbahce both at home and away. ”This team has lost one game since March in all competitions. You don’t do that with an average spirit,” Wenger said. Arsenal have also been linked with his Real Madrid team-mates Karim Benzema and Angel di Maria and Palermo goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano. Following the 1-0 north London derby win over Tottenham, secured by a first-half goal from France striker Olivier Giroud, Wenger again addressed the issue of getting in extra bodies – a problem highlighted by the inclusion of youngsters Serge Gnabry and Gedion Zelalem, only 16, on the bench. Spurs, meanwhile, had £26million man Erik Lamela among their substitutes following his transfer from Roma. ”Tottenham got a lot of money for Bale, they have to invest it – I understand that,” Wenger said. “The need is different for us, we need one or two super players and we will try to add that. ”It is a little bit like a domino game. Maybe something will happen in the last 24 hours, maybe not. It is very difficult to predict, but maybe we can surprise you.” Arsenal may be sitting on a £70million war chest, but Wenger insists the club will not be held to ransom as the last-gasp shopping dash begins. ”I am not against spending. I am ready to pay what we can afford, even if it is a bit over the market (value) and as long as it is not crazy,” he said. There was brief cause for concern for England boss Roy Hodgson ahead of the World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine, as Wilshere signalled to the bench he could not continue just before half-time. Press Association Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger remains confident of adding quality to his squad ahead of Monday night’s transfer deadline – with a £40million bid for Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil reportedly lodged following a 1-0 win over big-spending Tottenham.
Facebook Twitter Google+ UPDATED: Dec. 13, 7:32 p.m. Syracuse University freshman Malcolm Cater is being held on bail of $50,000 cash or $100,000 bond for each charge in three South Campus burglaries. Cater was arrested Saturday at 3:57 a.m. by Syracuse Police for two robberies on Farm Acre Road earlier that morning. He was also arrested for a burglary on Small Road over Thanksgiving break. He appeared in Syracuse City Court on Sunday morning at 9:39 a.m. SPD charged Cater with three counts of burglary and one of grand larceny, all felonies, and two counts of petit larceny, which are misdemeanors, according to the police report. Cater was a linebacker for SU’s football team, but was removed from the roster Saturday. Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone confirmed later Saturday that Cater had been released from the program. ‘I am aware of the criminal charges filed today against Malcolm Cater by the Syracuse Police Department,’ he said Saturday. ‘Cater is no longer a part of the Syracuse University football program.’AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Judge James Cecile presided at Cater’s arraignment. Sidney Cominsky represented Cater, who came into the courtroom wearing a plain white T-shirt and jeans. Cater does not have any criminal record, Cominsky said. Cecile assigned $50,000 cash bail and $100,000 bond to each charge and set a future hearing date. The victims in the Farm Acre apartment burglaries were a 19-year-old female and a 20-year-old male, according to the police report. Police received a phone call at 3 a.m. Saturday reporting someone carrying a large television into an apartment at 130 Lambreth Lane, where Cater lives. Police then discovered the two Farm Acre apartments had been burglarized, and followed footsteps in the snow from behind the apartments to Cater’s Lambreth apartment. Cater, 19, is a freshman in the College of Human Ecology and is from Riverhead, N.Y. Cater’s hearing is scheduled for Dec. 16 at 10 a.m. Check back at dailyorange.com for updates. email@example.com — Asst. Sports Editor Brett LoGiurato contributed reporting to this article. Published on December 11, 2010 at 12:00 pm Comments
“Teams scout. They’re going to take away stuff that you do,” Russell said. “The opportunities that you get on the offensive end and beginning of the season aren’t the same going into the second half of the season. That’s where you as a basketball player have to be better.”While Russell placed blame on the team’s collective failure to read off of each other, his backcourt teammate took issue with his recent shot selection. “You got to keep shooting. But if it isn’t falling, try to look for other things,” Lakers guard Nick Young said. “He’s the point guard. He doesn’t have to shoot the ball as much. He can be him, get assists and do other things until the shots start falling.” Walton said he wants Russell to keep shooting before offering a few qualifiers. “If it’s a good shot and if his defender is under him, I want him shooting those 3s,” Walton said. “I want him being aggressive. I’d rather him err on being the side of being too aggressive than too cautious at this point. He knows that.” LOS ANGELES >> After handling his star point guard with a nurturing touch, Lakers coach Luke Walton recently has shifted his approach toward D’Angelo Russell.Once the Lakers’ 113-97 loss to the Clippers on Saturday at Staples Center became official, Walton informed Russell he did not like his play where he had five points on 1-of-7 shooting and five assists. Walton also offered pointed words to Russell during a timeout late in Thursday’s loss in San Antonio after Russell offered little effort on defense. “We need him to be more aggressive and be the player we know he is and capable of being,” Walton said. “We’ve seen it for most of this month. I’m confident he will be.”Russell has averaged 11.8 points on only 37.7 percent shooting in the past five games. That marks a sharp drop from when he averaged 21 points on 50 percent shooting during two games earlier in January. After shooting a combined 12 of 21 from 3-point range during that stretch, Russell has gone 4 of 28 from the perimeter in the past six games. On Saturday, Russell missed his lone 3-point attempt while looking to attack the basket more. Wish grantedLakers forward Larry Nance Jr. shared on his Instagram account on Saturday that he recently met his childhood idol, former NFL quarterback David Garrard. Nance admired Garrard since they both have lived with Crohn’s Disease. “It’s everything I could have hoped for,” Nance said about meeting Garrard during the Lakers’ recent trip to Charlotte, N.C. between Dec. 18-20. “You build them up so much in your head that you hope they are what you thought they were. He definitely was.”Injury updateNance said he completed full-court one-on-one drills on Saturday against Lakers rookie center Ivica Zubac. While Nance and Zubac disputed the results, it also appears uncertain when Nance will begin practicing. Nance has missed the past 12 games with a bone bruise in his left knee. Meanwhile, Lakers veteran guard Luol Deng sat for rest purposes, while Lou Williams started in his place. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error