On the e-consulting portal, the Ministry of Tourism published a proposal for the Law on Amendments to the Law on Hospitality. The deadline for giving an opinion is 2.6. and now is the time to present our views and opinions in an argumentative and constructive manner.Later, when the Law is adopted, there is no more room for changes and Facebook “smartness”. Now is the time to hear your expert opinion.The proposal of the Law on Amendments to the Law on Catering Activity is available HERE
As Indonesia continues to report hundreds of new COVID-19 cases daily, the government appears to be preparing for the “new normal” by allowing people aged 44 years and below to work outside their homes despite mobility restrictions to contain the epidemic.COVID-19 task force head Doni Monardo triggered criticism after he said last week that the age group in question had a lower fatality rate at 15 percent and was less vulnerable than the elderly. Even so, State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Minister Erick Thohir issued a circular days later, setting out an example of a “new normal” scenario that entails a plan to allow SOE employees under 45 years of age to return to their offices starting on May 25, albeit with several precautions. The above figures do not include hundreds of fatalities among suspected patients reported by local administrations.Soedarsono, the senior pulmonologist and the head of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases at the COVID-19 referral hospital Dr. Soetomo in Surabaya, East Java, said fatalities were indeed more common among the elderly with comorbidity factors, but there had also been cases of young adults with such factors succumbing to the disease.”Young patients aged between 30 and 40 years have died as well, mostly because of underlying health conditions. Young people without such conditions have a higher chance of recovering. The most common conditions are hypertension, heart disease and diabetes,” he told The Jakarta Post on Saturday.Read also: COVID-19: Govt to allow people under 45 to work outside to prevent more layoffsSome patients with such conditions might develop complications, and treating these complications was often difficult even after they were cleared of the virus, Soedarsono said.The task force’s data collected from 585 patients show that half of them had underlying conditions, such as hypertension (52.9 percent), diabetes (33.8 percent) or heart disease (20.5 percent). Others include pulmonary and respiratory diseases, cancer, asthma, immune disorders, liver disease and tuberculosis.Around 20.9 percent of the patients with hypertension died, while the death rate for those with diabetes is 15.9 percent, for those with heart disease is 10.1 percent and for those with other conditions in question is below 5 percent.Noncommunicable diseases account for the largest burden on Indonesia’s deficit-stricken National Health Insurance (JKN) — being the cause of 66 percent of morbidity and mortality in 2015, up from about 37 percent in 1990, according to a 2016 World Bank report.While the prevalence of the noncommunicable diseases is indeed higher among the elderly than other age groups, as shown by the 2018 Basic Health Survey (Riskesdas), a growing number of younger people are suffering from such diseases. They were at a heightened risk when exposed to the coronavirus, said epidemiologist Dicky Budiman.Read also: ‘Puskesmas’ move up to COVID-19 front lines amid overburdened health systemThe Riskesdas shows that the prevalence of hypertension in the 35-44 age group is 31.6 percent, in the 25-34 age group it is 20.1 percent and in the 18-24 age group it is 13.2 percent. The prevalence of diabetes and heart disease among the 35-44-year olds is 1.1 percent and 1.3 percent, respectively.”The government’s policy to allow people [below] 45 years to work should not apply generally to everyone in that age group. Not everyone in the age group will be safe [if infected],” Dicky said.The stigma surrounding COVID-19, which was “almost worse than with HIV”, coupled with inadequate testing, would likely affect how people sought help, forcing them to only show up at hospitals when it was already too late to treat them, he said.Indonesia has seen 1,148 fatalities in less than three months since it recorded the first two confirmed cases in early March. The tally of confirmed cases rose to 17,514 nationwide on Sunday.Pulmonologist Soedarsono said he believed there were many undetected cases, given the considerably high fatality rate. He cautioned against complacency among young people as even medical professionals still had much to learn about the new virus.He said his teaching hospital was beginning to study possible blood clotting in COVID-19 patients, including in younger people, after studies in several countries found that some patients had developed dangerous blood clots.”With COVID-19 patients, oftentimes there’s incompatibility between patients’ complaints and analyses of lungs, thorax or blood tests. This sometimes makes doctors wonder,” he said.Topics : Data updated daily by the task force show that people aged 60 and above account for 44.2 percent of the deaths as of Sunday, followed by people aged between 46 and 59 years old at 39.8 percent, while those aged 45 and below make up the remaining 16 percent.This is despite data on the distribution of cases showing that the 60-and-above age group only accounts for 16.2 percent of total infections, while the 46-to-59 group accounts for 28.7 percent and those aged 45 and below contribute the majority at 55.1 percent.The task force said no clear age information was available for 9.3 percent of the infected patients.
BACOLODCity – Two volunteer rescue groups in this region have separately signed anagreement with the Office of Civil Defense in Western Visayas (OCD-6) for theuse of P300,000 cash incentive each received as among the winners of the 21stGawad Kalasag. Therecipient would also be needed to submit a project proposal, including otherpertinent documents needed for infrastructure projects or procurement ofvehicle or equipment, as well as maintain a separate book of accounts for thefund, issue an official receipt, and create a team responsible for the projectimplementation. The GawadKalasag (KAlamidad at Sakuna LAbanan,SAriling Galing ang Kaligtasan), organized by the Department of NationalDefense-OCD and the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council,recognizes the exemplary efforts in empowering communities to be capacitatedand disaster-resilient.(With a reportfrom PNA/PN) The otherMOA inked by Nuñez was with Kami Sunoi Inc. forefounder Patrick Mabag at theNegros Occidental Provincial Capitol Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson acted as thewitness.The Amity group was named as the Western Visayas’ top winner and Hall of Fameawardee under the Volunteer Organization category, while the Kami Sunoi Inc.was the winner of the Best People’s Organization during the national awardingceremony held at the Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay Citylast December. “Therecipient shall utilize the incentive only for the implementation of programs,activities, and projects aligned with the National Disaster Risk Reduction andManagement Plan, Local Climate Action Plan, Philippine Development Plan, SendaiFramework for Disaster Risk Reduction and Sustainable Development Goals,” theMOA said. OCD-6regional director Jose Roberto Nuñez signed the MOA on behalf of the agencywith AVFB fire chief Mike Gorne in rites held at the Bacolod City GovernmentCenter, in the presence of Mayor Evelio Leonardia on Feb18. A copy ofthe uniform memorandum of agreement (MOA) obtained by the Philippine NewsAgency from the OCD-6 on Feb. 20 showed the two groups as the Amity VolunteerFire Brigade (AVFB) of this city and the Kami Sunoi (Kami ang Mabulig sa Inyo Saligan Utod Ninyo sa Oras sang Ital-ItalInc.) from Binalbagan, Negros Occidental.
Carver expects to receive an update on the current position – managing director Lee Charnley and chief scout Graham Carr are continuing the process of identifying and assessing potential replacements for Pardew – from Charnley following Saturday’s evening’s league clash with Southampton, after which he and the players will head off to Dubai for a warm weather training camp. But whatever happens thereafter, he has thoroughly enjoyed his time at the helm to date. He said: “I have had two of the best weeks of my life, because I’ve been able to get on with the football and not worry about anything else. I’ve been able to work with a group of players who have been absolutely outstanding. “They’ve listened to what I’ve said and they’ve bought into what I’ve tried to do. When you’ve had two weeks like I’ve had, it gives you that hunger to want to do it for the rest of your life. It has absolutely whetted my appetite for it.” Pardew had hoped to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window and, despite the time and energy which is currently being expended on the hunt to identify his replacement, Carver is confident that side of the business is not being ignored. He said: “There’s continuous work going on behind the scenes and definitely an ongoing process, whether it’s for now or for later.” Asked if he was his own man, Carver said: “Absolutely. “It’s really funny because when I was managing in Toronto, one of the reasons why I came back was because I was trying to do it my way as in I was head coach looking after the football side of it, trying to progress the technical side and the match analysis, and unfortunately they weren’t moving as quickly as I wanted them to, and I got very frustrated. “I will do it my way because I think that’s best.” Carver found himself in the firing line when he selected a much-changed team for the FA Cup third-round trip to Leicester and promptly saw the club fall at the first hurdle to extend a dismal recent record in the domestic knockout competitions. That was a stick with which Pardew was often beaten with the club having publicly labelled cup success as a secondary priority to the Barclays Premier League, but the man in loco parentis was quick to deny he is simply a clone. Carver said: “If that’s what they’ve been saying, I can understand that because I’ve been working with Alan. But I’ve set the team up slightly different on the pitch – certainly against Chelsea, you saw a slightly different performance. “I’ve done some things different on the team meetings, how I’ve worked with the players is slightly different. I am my own man. “This is how I look at it: you live by the sword, you die by the sword. If I don’t do it my way and I don’t get the job, then I’ll think, ‘Why didn’t I do it like that?’. I’m going to do it my way and if I don’t do the job, then at least I know I’ve done it my way.” John Carver is adamant he is his own man as he bids to step out of Alan Pardew’s shadow and take over in the Newcastle hot-seat. Carver, who celebrates his 50th birthday on Friday, has been accused of following studiously in Pardew’s footsteps after being placed in charge of team affairs for the last three games with the Magpies’ hierarchy looking for a new head coach. The former Newcastle trainee has made no secret of his desire to be considered for the vacancy in his own right, and with no decision imminently in the offing, he is hoping to state his case both on and off the pitch. Press Association
In its 26th edition, the GUSA Games have produced a lot of sporting talents in the field of athletics.The quest for glory has, over the years, pushed athletes to set incredible heights in the GUSA competitions.Over the years, names like Arthur Koomson, Michael Bruce, Aba Sam, Elizabeth Azure have popped up as record breakers, going a step further by creating more milestones.Athletes like Benjamin Azamati (University of Ghana), Baba Seidu Mahmoud (University of Cape Coast), Rafiatu Nuhu have all burst into the scenes following the sterling performances they put up last year at Cape Coast.Here is a list of the record holders of the GUSA Games:FEMALESBeatrice Gyaman (100m) – 11.17 seconds (UCC-2015).Beatrice Gyaman (200m) – 23.50 seconds (UCC-2015).Rafiatu Nuhu (400) – 54.79 seconds (UDS-2019)Salomey Adjei (800m) – 210.79 seconds (UDS-2019)Elizabeth Azure (1500m) – 436.56 seconds (UDS-2018)Elizabeth Azure (5000m) – 1710.85 seconds (UDS-2018)Jacqueline Badu Poku (100/110) – 14.89 seconds (UCC-2018)Christian Bakika (400mH) – 1:02.14mins (UDS-2018)Abigail Kwateng (High Jump) – 1.70M (UEW-2016)Jacqueline Badu Poku (Long Jump) – 5.72M ((UCC-2018)Aba Sam (Triple Jump) – 11.61M (UCC-2013)Ezequeen Dadzie (Discuss) – 37.50M (UCC-2017)Margret Simpson (Javelin) – 48.00M (UCC-2019)Ezequeen Dadzie (Shot Put) – 11.38M (UCC-2017)4x100m – 46.62sec – (UG-2017)4x400m – 3:46.16min – (UCC-2018)MALESEmmanuel Yeboah (100m) – 10.25sec (UCC-2017)Martin Owusu Antwi (200m) – 21.06sec (KNUST-2016)George Effah (400m) – 46.75sec (UG-2015)Ali Shafic Mohammed (800m) – 1:53.74min (UCC-2018)Matthew V. Nantierre (1,500m) – 3:56.66min (UCC-2019)Malik Yakubu (5,000m) – 14:56.25min (UCC-2019)Malik Yakubu (10,000m) – 32:29.12min (UCC-2018)Frank Ennin (100/110mH) -14:46sec (UCC-2017)Baba Seidu Mammoud (400mH) – 51:58sec (UCC-2019)Frank Ennin (High Jump) – 2.04M – (UCC 2017)Peter Ackah (Long Jump) – 7.79M – (UCC-2017)Michael Bruce (Triple Jump) – 15.70M – (UCC-2014)Emmanuel Asante (Discuss) – 45.25M – (UCC-2016)Arthur Koomson A. (Javelin) – 67.47M – (KNUST-2009)Emmanuel Asante (Shot Put) – 16.73M – (UCC-2016)Kofi Nimo (Pole Vault) – 3.86M – (UCC)4×100 -40.29sec – (UDS-2019)4x400m – 3:11.30min – (UCC-2017)
Acting Transport Minister Kollie (second from right) with the Ivorian business delegation visiting LiberiaIvorian Entrepreneurs have expressed interest for investment in the public transport sector to improve road transport in Liberia. The entrepreneurs’ expression of interest was disclosed recently at the end of a closed-door meeting with the Acting Minister of Transport, J. Darious Kollie and other senior staff of the ministry.Mr. Zoumanan Sanogo, a member of the Ivorian delegation, said the visit to Liberia was in response to the invitation made by President George Weah when he visited Côte d’Ivoire.During President Weah’s visit to Cote d’Ivoire, he asked local businesses to conduct a study in the areas for possible investment.The meeting at the Liberian Transport Ministry was focused on the knowledge of the Cote d’Ivoire in the field of transport, and the importance the Ivorian entrepreneurs attach to the country’s economic development issues.The officials spoke of the Ivorian companies’ availability to cooperate with Liberian investors in the sectors such as transport.“We would like to transfer the knowledge to Liberians,” stressed the head of the Entrepreneurs.In turn, J. Darious Kollie, acting transport minister, spoke of the Ivorian’s intention to invest in the transport system, aimed at covering the areas lacking support.He explained that the delegation assured the Ministry of their (Ivorians’) willingness to support them institutionally in order to complement the efforts made by President Weah’s pro poor agenda, regarding the need of international support for the development of the national economy.Kollie said that concrete areas will be identified soon, where the partnerships will be made and programs will be launched for the implementation of projects.Minister Kollie also used the occasion to brief the delegation about the working of his ministry, which, according to him, has the authority to make policy and formulate regulation of all modes of transport to include; land, air and sea, throughout the country.Sanogo’s delegation include Mr. Sephane AKA-Anghui, president of the Ivorian Chamber of Commence and Mr. Behou Jean-Marie, the head agency of tourism and transport event.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)